photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Friday, September 19, 2014

I like it Culotte

Culottes: Club Monaco // Sweater: Zara  (found thanks to Sunshades & Snowflakes and similar here) // Shoes: Zara (similar here) // Backpack: Whistles // Sunnies: Karen Walker

Happy Friday! Culottes are huge in the fashion world right now, and so is blush. So, when I found a single piece that combined the two... I had the proverbial "two birds with one stone" moment. My friend Lauren expressed to me during our New York travels that she feels culottes are only a trend for a specific body type. Though I understand her initial hesitation, I think these babies are totally universally flattering. If you can wear a skirt, you can wear culottes. To compliment the flowy silk pants, I topped the look off with a structured mohair sweater. I love how the cut feels very Jackie-O and how the gray perfectly compliments the blush creating a soft fall look. I hope everyone has a great weekend and thank you as always for reading.


7 comments:

  1. Love. I was totally hesitant about this trend when it first came out because I'm so petite, but I totally agree that they are universally flattering. I love your color scheme in this post, especially the nude culotte's. Your style is always so incredible and I always want everything from every outfit post.

    www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I really appreciate you following along. Own being petite... I saw Sarah Jessica Parker at a Nordstrom event and she was teeny-tiny. If that is not proof that shorter gals can wear anything, I don't know what is! Have a great weekend xo

      Delete
  2. Amazing look!!! I am so glad that culottes are making a big return. Love the neutral hues and the mix in textures. That metallic backpack is fabulous-so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so trendy and chic at the same time! I would hesitate too but they look amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Culottes are a great versatile piece for your wardrobe. You can dress them up or down, and they work for a variety of occasions. Here are some tips on how to style culottes for maximum impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the latest women's suit casual outfit - culottes fashion trends, celebrity style photos, news, tips and advice from the style experts on brandsonly.no.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k